Main Track: One and one-eighth miles, oval.
Inner Dirt Track: One mile, oval.
Turf Course: Seven furlongs, 43 feet, oval.
Distance from last turn to finish line: 1,155.5 feet.
Exotic Wagering Format
$1. Daily Double on 1st and 2nd, 6th and 7th, and last two races.
$1. Exacta on all races.
$1. Rolling Pick 3 beginning on all races except 1st and first leg of Pick 4.
$1. Trifecta on all races with 6 or more betting interests.
$1. Quinella on 2nd and 4th races.
$2. Pick 6 on last 6 races.
$1. Superfecta on last race.
$1. Pick 4 on races 2-5 and on last four races.
Win, place, and show: 15%
Daily Double, Quinella, and Exacta wagering: 17.5%
Trifecta, Pick 3, Pick 4 and Superfecta wagering: 25%
Pick 6 wagering: 25% (15% on non-carryover days)
New York Racing Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 90
Jamaica, New York 11417
110th Street and Rockaway Blvd.,
Ozone Park, New York 11417
Telephone: (718) 641-4700
Fax: (718) 322-3814
Aqueduct, or “The Big A”, opened in 1894, and has seen extensive renovations since its conception. Aqueduct has the distinction of being the only racetrack to reside inside the New York City limits. The Jockey Club Gold Cup used to be held at Aqueduct from 1958 to 1974, while the Display Handicap marathon was also ran there until 1990. The Breeders Cup also took place at Aqueduct in 1985. Aqueduct was also home to the Belmont Stakes for four years, from 1963 to 1967.
Cigar made his name at Aqueduct, winning two races, including the NYRA Mile in 1994, which is now named the Cigar Mile Handicap. These two victories set Cigar on an amazing 16-race win streak, and subsequently, to the Hall of Fame. In 2006, Aqueduct made history by becoming the first racetrack with a triple dead-heat: in the “win”, “place” and “show” categories, there were three separate instances of a dead-heat.
- The Wood Memorial (Gr. 1)
- The Carter Handicap (Gr. 1)
- The Hill ‘N’ Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (Gr. 1)
- The Distaff Breeders’ Cup Handicap (Gr. 2)
- The Comely (Gr. 2)
- The Bed O’ Roses Breeders’ Cup Handicap (Gr. 2)
- The First Flight Handicap (Gr. 2)
- The Red Smith Handicap (Gr. 2)
- The Top Flight Handicap (Gr. 2)
- The Demoiselle (Gr. 2)
- The Remsen (Gr. 2)
- The Monatuk Handicap (Gr. 2)
- The Aqueduct Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Toboggan Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Gotham (Gr. 3)
- The Cicada (Gr. 3)
- The Next Move Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Excelsior Breeders’ Cup Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Bay Shore (Gr. 3)
- The Beaugay Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Withers (Gr. 3)
- The Fort Marcy Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Knickerbocker Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Sports Page Breeders’ Cup Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Discovery Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Tempted (Gr. 3)
- The Nashua (Gr. 3)
- The Long Island Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Turn Back The Alarm Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Stuyvesant Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Queens County Handicap (Gr. 3)
- The Gravesend (Gr. 3)
- The Interborough Handicap
- The Count Fleet
- The Ruthless
- The Affectionately Handicap
- The Busanda
- The Jimmy Winkfield
- The Paumonok Handicap
- The Correction
- The Whirlaway
- The Dearly Precious
- The Hollie Hughes Handicap
- The Fred “Cappy” Caposella (NYB)
- The Rare Treat Handicap
- The Busher
- The Stymie
- The Broadway Handicap
- The New York Stallion Stakes (Times Square and Park Avenue Divisions)
- The Kings Point Handicap
- New York Stallions Series (Great White Way, Fifth Avenue, Cormorant, Perfect Arc Divisions)
- The Fall Highweight Handicap
- The Garland of Roses Handicap
- The East View (NYB)
- The Damon Runyan (NYB)
- The Ladies Handicap
- The Gallant Fox Handicap
- The Alex M. Robb Handicap (NYB)